James W. Cahill, MD
Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
About Dr. Cahill
James W. Cahill, MDRequest An
Board Certified & Fellowship Trained in Sports Medicine and Reconstruction
Dr. James Cahill is a board certified orthopedic surgeon, whose private practice is proudly affiliated with Hackensack University Medical Center in Hackensack, New Jersey. He is a fellowship trained sports medicine and reconstruction specialist, in practice for twenty years and routinely performs arthroscopic and joint replacement surgery of the shoulders, elbow, hip and knee. As a result, cutting edge techniques and technology are always utilized.
Currently, Dr. Cahill has particular interests in joint replacements, arthroscopic shoulder and knee ligament repair/reconstructive surgery as well as treatment of cartilage injuries. Dr. Cahill has lectured on and participated in original research for the treatment of cartilage injuries that ultimately require cartilage repair and reconstruction. He has been selected as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor as well as Inside Jersey Top Doctors. Dr.Cahill states that science and technology are at long last providing a solution for these previously difficult to treat problems.
"My initial approach to most injuries is a non-operative attempt to avoid surgery when possible. When surgical treatment is necessary, current reconstructive techniques can return patients to a full level of activity. Over the past five years, surgical techniques have advanced considerably. We are able to achieve excellent levels of success in patient satisfaction. We are also much better in controlling the discomfort often associated with surgical treatment specifically, joint replacement surgery."
Dr. Cahill stresses an individual and personalized approach to patient care. Dr. Cahill's staff is friendly and professional and strives to provide the highest level of service.
Dr. Cahill specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopedic conditions and performs several orthopedic procedures including:
- Arthroscopic Surgery of Shoulder, Knee, Elbow and Ankle
- ACL Reconstruction
- Hip, Knee and Shoulder Joint Replacement
- Adult and Pediatric Sports Medicine
- Cartilage Repair and Restoration
- Undergraduate: The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Medical: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, NY, NY
- Internship: Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: The Hospital for Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Institute, New York, NY
- Pediatric Orthopedics Fellowship: The Hospital for Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Institute, New York, NY
- Certified in Robotic Surgery for Joint Replacements (MAKO)
- Certified in Autologous Chrondrocyte Implantation for Cartilage Repair
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- New Jersey Orthopedic Association
- Bergen County Medical Society
- American Orthopedic Society of Sports Medicine